Thursday, September 15, 2011

Clean Up & Fall Planting

Humid and unsettled today.  In the low 80s.

I cleaned up all the raggy geraniums along the walk, and spent a lot of time tidying up all the daylilies.  Pruned back the mums which are getting very full and overtaking the nearby plants like the St. Johnswort and New Jersey Tea plants.
I trimmed the hydrangea next to the walk so that the fothergilla below gets some light, and the tirmmings made a nice bouquet.

I planted several more cardinal flowers in Meadow's Edge.  These are 'Fan Scarlet' or 'Dark Scarlet' I think.

I planted the Bluebird clematis in front of the garage.  I will need to do something about securing the little trellis.
If it does well it will overgrow this small structure.  I'll need to figure how to attach wires for it to scramble along past the trellis.

I love how the Hakonechloa Beni Kaze looks in pots on the front steps.  These are really looking nice this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.