Some random observations about the garden:
- the hostas by the lightpost and under the dogwood are teeny this year. They are about a third of the leafy size of prior years. I think it was the drought last summer, as they really crisped and had to be cut back then.
- the buckeyes are flowering wildly! All but the second from the left. It was always behind the others in growth, and seemed to take longer to establish. It has immature spikes, but no bottlebrushes yet. But the others, wow:
- I lost a Montauk daisy at the back of Meadow's Edge. It got eaten by rabbits, then had too much shade to grow back.
- Voles everywhere!!! They run around in broad daylight. I put out traps and got two so far.
- I love the way the plumbago teepees are flowering now. This is the look I want when I put in the two large tutiers and some clematis at the "entrance" to the secret garden.
And some more random summer shots, including the first flower on the anemone, and the red salvias under the hummer feeder. The annuals along the new strip border of the secret garden look nicer now.