I planted two big pots of tulips for next spring. No tulips in the ground any more! I planted these pretty deeply, then covered them with 4 inches (probably could use more) of potting soil.
In each pot I put 6 Spring Green (white with green markings) in the center and 12 Groenland (pink with strong green markings) around the edges. I never saw any of the dozen Groenland I planted in the front walk last year, they were 100% eaten before they ever came up.
I set out the Ajuga Chocolate Chip to spread in the new area along the patio walk and at the edges of the new bluestone steps off the patio.
Still have to:
- move amsonias from under the doublefile to the patio wall
- move Tardiva hydrangeas to the new driveway bed
- plant the rhus aromatica plugs I just got in the new driveway bed
- plant snowdrop bulbs under the Japanese maple
- plant three lobelias just received (red ones, Ruby Slippers is delayed til spring)
- plant all the alliums* I got by the patio wall
|'Gladiator' 3 to 4 feet tall, sweet scent|
|'Stratos' 3 1/2 feet tall|
|'Mt. Everest' 3 feet tall|
|'Graceful' small, 16 inches tall|