Almost 100 degrees today, and humid. A hot dry breeze has wilted everything and all the plants are suffering. Tomorrow will be just as bad, but I hope it will be short lived.
It has been so cool all June, now this. I invited Margaret over to see the garden and of course she came after work, at 5 p.m. The heat was horrendous. And nothing looked that great.
But it did a few days ago!
The plumbago planted in the twig towers is growing, but is still only a foot tall. I had expected it to be winding around the supports and blooming blue billows. Need to be patient.
And the sweetpeas are growing, but no blooms, either in the pot or the ones planted by the metal trellis near the Crimson Queen Japanese maple. No blooms yet, and I thought they were early spring flowers that liked the cool weather.
The gravel garden has looked so pleasant before the heat hit. I'm pleased with it, even though there is so little shade. The smokebush looks great.

