I cleaned up some more of the nepeta, and then did a little Christmas arrangement of greens and birch stems in the now empty pot in front.
We put the tree up yesterday. It is on its last legs. Literally -- two of the four wheels broke off leaving just a screw sticking out of each socket, so it is precariously sitting on shims. It totters when you walk by and it lists, seen from certain angles. The connector for the top half went missing so the heavy top third is duct taped on, and very wiggly. I had to twist the wire stem S-shaped to overcome its tendency to flop to the right.
A string of pre-lit lights in the middle won't light. I added a separate string, but there is still a blank spot in the lower part, and now I have all those unlit little bulbs still attached along with the added string.
Jim says this all gives the tree character. I think we need a new (smaller) one.
We put up Bob's little wooden advent tree, a couple days late.