Monday, August 22, 2016

Water Falling Out of the Sky

It rained 2.25 inches overnight. A soft, soaking, gentle rain, followed by a cool, sparkly morning. Everything is wet. Rain clings to the screens on the porch as the sun comes up.


I could not keep up with watering everything this summer and so my garden suffered. Badly. But there were some areas I did faithfully water and yet those well watered plants struggled, diminished, limped along and looked awful even though the soil was plenty damp.

And now, with the magic of a soaking overnight rain and cool temperatures, those strugglers look refreshed. 

I've often marveled that hand watering the gardens repeatedly with a hose never produces the effect that water falling out of the sky does. 

4 comments:

  1. Yea!! I agree - water from a hose is never as good as water from the sky - not sure why. We are having cooler temps too and I am so grateful for the respite! Don't move out west - just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not moving west for a long while -- but looking!

      Delete
  2. We got that rain here in Michigan, too. One of my meteorologist friends noted that rain had originated from Africa and as a result carried extra nitrogen, almost as if mother nature realized we NEEDED that extra help. I just enjoyed hearing rain again and the fact that I didn't have to water for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful, beautiful rain . . . aaah.

      Delete