Sunday, May 28, 2017

Away From Here

Some of my plants don't like me and beg to go live somewhere else. I offer as proof the fact a red honeysuckle I gave to my sister two springs ago is now a glorious flowering vine at her place.


It wound up as freebie to her because it didn't like me. I had ordered a different honeysuckle several years ago from High Country Gardens, and this came (mismarked) instead. So we hit it off poorly to start.

I moved it a couple times, I potted it, it sulked and we just never got along. Now, climbing the fence near her pool, it is finally happy. I do love red flowers. And I do love that it found a better place to live than with me.

My other sister has some plants from my garden that I took over to her small patio space a few years ago. The Bergenia I gave her was never content in my garden, and the few I have remaining still look awful. But at her place pigsqueak thrives, with huge glossy leaves and a real presence.

Some plants just want to be away from here. That's okay. They found their homes in other places.

2 comments:

  1. They just needed to grow up and be on their own. You gave them the structure and basics they needed to flourish.

    ReplyDelete