Sunday, June 4, 2017

Funny Faces

I think 'Kintzley's Ghost' is so silly looking. It's a honeysuckle (Lonicera reticulata) but it looks like something a kindergarten class came up with when the teacher said "draw a flower on a vine." They drew green circles and put faces on them, and made them sunny yellow, then added shaggy stuff because you should.


It's a fabulous vision of what a flowering vine should be. It makes me laugh.

Later in the season those round green bracts are supposed to turn papery silver. This is the first year this vine has flowered like this for me, so it will be interesting to see.


I'll need to keep it trimmed a bit. The flimsy metal trellis isn't big enough.

What fun to see these flowers as I come down the front walk. I swear I can hear five year olds giggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment