Thursday, April 1, 2010

Forsythia and Sunshine

The sun is out after all the rain and today was in the mid 60s, really nice.




The Lynwood forsythia at the road cut is blooming pretty exuberantly.  I'll need to do some thinning of the older canes right after the flowers are gone.  I'm not too happy with the Golden Peep forsythia along the house foundation.  There are nice full ones blooming, and then some gaps in the middle.  I'm not sure what is going on, why the middle ones are languishing.
I finished the last two willows, cutting out the sod in the area below, and adding a bag of compost to each one.  Did some weeding in all the gardens, everything is so wet and so easy to pull now!

I removed the pincushion flowers from below the doublefile viburnum.  That's where the nasturtiums will go.