Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chocolate Cosmos

An inch of rain last night with thunder and lightning. A real downpour. It's cooler today. Overcast and in the high 70s. Everything is wet!

The mid season Berkeley blueberry shrubs are now ripening and I had a few of those today.

The early ones (Northland, Northblue, Northcountry) are all still producing and I pick big bowlfuls every day.

And still no birds or critters bother any of them.

The rabbits are exploding everywhere, though. A rabbit did eat the new young baptisia that I had put at the back of the berm. Ate it down to twigs.

I've been sprinkling hot pepper flakes around other garden plants, especially the annuals.

I'm loving the chocolate cosmos and would like to get more next year. Sweet and pretty, but they don't smell like chocolate!