Friday, August 16, 2013

Crazy Cold

It's August and the weather is weird. Very cold at night, in the low 50s, and then although it gets to the low 80s in the daytime, it's breezy and pleasant and actually a little cool in the shade. This is mid August for crying out loud. Crazy, crazy cold for the dog days of summer.

I got back from my whirlwind trip to Colorado and California, and as always, I loved every minute.


Greg and I went up to Ft. Collins to get the Kintzley's Ghost honeysuckle I wanted, and we drove around, had coffee, had some nice dinners out, etc. Lots of talking and chatting. We went to a concert at Red Rocks, and enjoyed the opening act, an edgy bluegrass band, but left shortly after the main attraction came on with all its psychedelic overkill.

The best part at Red Rocks was the lightning and rainbow and dark stormy clouds that stretched across the horizon to the east!


Then on to L.A. and I met Z. We all had a great time at brunch, and out to dinner for my birthday, and we had a surprisingly entertaining hike through the Hollywoodland development with the famous sign. It was not what we expected for a guided tour, but it turned out to be a lot of fun, and a lot of stairs to climb (861 in fact).

When I got home, progress had been made on the porch remodeling, and it will be done by this weekend! Jim and I will need to stain the new beadboard paneling on the walls and ceiling. It's turning out really nice.

August so far has been exciting -- trips to far away places, some really great times with both boys, new remodeling, and crazy cold weather.