Friday, July 16, 2010

What a Summer

Once again, in the 90s. and humid.  A scorcher.

The summer borders are looking drab... all color has been washed out, and the dirfts of daylilies in Meadow's Edge are mostly foliage.

I went to Warner's today and bought some bright yellow marigolds to plant out (too hot today, though).  And I found a black and blue sage (Salvia guaranitica) and a gorgeous deep blue pot to put it in, although it's probably too small for the eventual size of this sage.  Like the Salvia coccinea 'Lady in Red', I'll bring these potted tender salvias into the unheated garage over winter.  We'll see how that goes.  I think I need way bigger pots for both sages.

And yesterday at Moscarillo's I got more crocosmias.  Will try again!  This time they are planted at the light post, and I like the look already.  I cut back the burned foliage of the two hostas, and they will regrow around the feet of the crocosmias, hopefully not swamping them.

Changed the hummingbird feeders today.

No comments:

Post a Comment